Sunday, August 25, 2013

First stop ????

  Not sure if my first stop will be Burning Man or Yosemite, California.  I don't think I want to be at Burning Man for more than 2 days and the last 2 are the best 2 so I think I will try to get a ticket first then shoot down to Yosemite and do some sightseeing, maybe climb the cable route on half dome and then back up to the Black Rock desert for the end of Burning Man.  The nice thing about having no responsibility and nothing to tie me down is that I can change the plan at anytime.
  I have been wanting to do this since I was about to graduate college in New Paltz, New York.  I actually put together a cross country bike ride after graduation that raised money for a charity similar to the Make a Wish foundation.  I got sick about a week in and was unable to continue but 2 or 3 of the six that started finished in LA a few months later.  That was on bicycles.  This is on my motorcycle same story different tolerance for suffering.  Maybe when I get in a little better shape I will want to try again on a bicycle but for now the motorcycle is the perfect mode of transportation.
  I will definitely be in Joshua Tree, CA for Bhakti Fest which is (taken directly from their website):Bhakti Fest is a Yoga | Dance | Music Festival which celebrates the devotional path that has its roots in yoga, kirtan, and meditation. It embraces ancient and modern sacred wisdom and traditional and non-traditional spiritual practices. The festival is a vehicle for evolution of human consciousness through a heart-centered revolution. Bhakti Fest builds a community of people drawn to follow the path of the heart – a devotional, prayerful, loving, healthful, respectful family.  I am working security for the thing parking cars so I can attend free.


(I'm starting with about $1500.)  Hopefully that gets me to Texas in a few weeks and then NJ in a few weeks more.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment