Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pre-Tripping the cross country roadtrip

Took a ride out to Red Rock this morning to get a look at an old friend I haven't seen in 3 years.  I just love this place.  It is the main reason I moved to Vegas and didn't leave for 20+ years.  When I was 18 I came out for a spring break trip to do some rock climbing and fell in love.  Moderate climbs on soaring sandstone walls was just too much fun for me.  After climbing there for about 20 years I have done just about every decent route up to 5.10c within 3 hours of the road.  (numerous times)  Riding my motorcycle on the twisting loop road and excessive speed never gets old either.  I am in gathering up gear mode getting ready for motorcylce trip.  I am going to take a short trip to Laguna Beach and San Diego to make sure I have all I need.  As far as Bottomless heart foundation goes I'm taking pledges right now.  No donations.  Paperwork is still pending and I don't want any hint of impropriety.  So if your interested you can pledge any amount and just let me have a good email address and phone number so that when it becomes official I can come collecting.  :)

For the motorcycle trip I have about 2k and want to see how far I can stretch it and how long I can stay out before I go broke.  I will post all expenses and daily spending mostly so I can keep track and you can get an idea of traveling on road and trying to be creatively conservative with spending money.

No comments:

Post a Comment